Terry Components starters
These are simply the best! Want a starter that starts better, lasts longer and wont leave you stranded? Here you go!
- Nippondenso starters are assembled in the U.S.A. with
heavy-duty components and tested with
- Solenoid plunger, return damper and springs are
replaced with stronger components
- Clutch shaft and rollers are replaced with precision-ground
and hardened parts for longer service life
- All components are assembled with a special lube that has
been formulated for starter roller clutch applications
- CNC-machined billet mounting noses are held
together with aerospace fasteners
- After assembly, all starters go to a dyno test including hi-low
voltage, stall torque, solenoid engagement, amperage draw,
load test, maximum rpm and motor impulse wave form
- Starters have a 4.4:1 gear reduction and produce 46%
more cranking torque than the stock starter
- For maximum starting power we recommend using Terry Components 24k gold plated 99% electrolytic copper cables and/or a Noco lithium battery!
- Dont fall for the cheap knock offs and have to do the work twice!
- 1 Year warranty
NOTE : 1.8kw starters will require a spacer block when used on 90-06 FLT models. On Softail, Dyna and FXR models, you must relocate oil lines and some wiring.
1.8kw starters are recommended for highly modified engines
1.4/1.5kw are recommended for stock or mildly built engines
We recommend a jackshaft hardware and gasket kit for proper install!