FEULING VENTED DIPSTICK
FEULING VENTED DIPSTICK
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TWIN CAM AND M8!
- The FEULING billet dipsticks vent/breathe excessive crank case pressure from the oil tank through a PCV style breather, consisting of an oil separator system, perforated disc, replaceable filter element and umbrella flapper valve. Feuling vented dipsticks screw into the factory oil fill spout as a stock replacement part. These breathing dipsticks remove unwanted build-up of blow by pressure in the oil tank.
- Blow by is pressure that is forced past the rings and cylinders, pushed into the crankcase and then forced into the oil tank. FEULING dipsticks help remove this unwanted pressure through a (CVS) Crankcase Ventilation System. Test results show a decrease in engine oil sump levels, more freely/smoother revving engine, increased MPG and decreased blow-by.
NOTE: All internal combustion engines have a certain amount of blow by. Larger cubic inch engines as well as engines with worn and or loose ring clearances will have increased blow by.
We include 2 venting styles (Options) to choose from when installing the dipstick:
- OPTION 1.) 1/8 NPT breather vent fitting with internal porous filter element. This option gives a clean look however it can produce an oil misting/residue out of the element on engines with excessive leakdown/blow by.
- OPTION 2.) Quick disconnect coupler fitting with rubber hose and filter element. This option will run any excessive oil misting/residue through the line and into the filter element. However this option does requires disconnecting the fitting in order to check the oil. This is Feulings preferred option as it breaths more than option 1.
For option 2, we recommend routing the line up the frame rail, up under the seat/abs area then back down along the right side frame rail and the filter element can fit cleanly between the engine/trans matting area on the inside of the lower right frame rail.
Available in polished or fade resistant black finish
*This dipstick does get hot, use a glove when checking oil level
TECH TIP: Feuling highly recommends staying off the rev limiter and running conventional oil in the M8 engines to help maintain ring seal and minimize blow by.
Checking oil level
- There are two ways to read the oil level with this dipstick, with the bike on the jiffy stand (FHS) or the bike upright and level (FHU).
- FHS = FULL HOT STAND If reading the dipstick with the bike on the jiffy stand you will take your reading from the dimples labeled FHS (Full Hot Stand).
- FHU = FULL HOT UPRIGHT When reading the dipstick with the bike upright and level you will take the reading from the dimples labeled FHU (Full Hot Upright).
DISCLAIMER: NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN CALIFORNIA ON ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLES.
IF FOR RACE OR OFF HIGHWAY USE OUR CA EXHAUST WAIVER WILL NEED TO BE SIGNED AND RETURNED PRIOR TO SHIPPING.
CALIFORNIA CARB WAIVER AVAILABLE HERE: