FEULING HP+ OILING SYSTEM (OIL COOLED M8)
FEULING HP+ OILING SYSTEM (OIL COOLED M8)
- Quieter and smoother engine operation
- 27% more pressure and scavenge gear volume over stock
- 42% more scavenge volume through port sizing, matched passages and holes to the engine case
- 68% more oil volume to the crankshaft and connecting rod bearing
- 15-25 degree cooler engine temperatures
- 15-30 degree cooler oil temperatures
- 10-30 more PSI of oil pressure
- Reduces wet sumping, blow by and oily air cleaners
- Test results show 2 HP gain and 2 ft/lbs of TQ gain to the rear wheel on Milwaukee Eight
- FEULING test results show as much as 50% reduction of engine sump oil level.
- 1 Year warranty (Optional 2 year warranty if forum is filled out)
Both HP+ and RACE SERIES kits include FEULINGS HIGH FLOW billet camplate made from 7075 aluminum which is 50% harder and stronger than the factory or Feuling OE+ camplates. FEULING increases oil flow and volume by enlarging the oil pump reservoirs and critical oil passages including matching the oil port holes throughout the camplate to the port holes in the engine case which increases engine oil flow to the lifters, piston cooling jets, crankshaft and rod bearings.
The FEULING HP+ 6061 billet oil pumps are bench tested, the relief valve is seated and sealed to a minimum of 30 psi with full pop off at 55-65 psi. The increased oil volume from the larger gears and properly sized passages along with the pressure relief valve seat and seal from these oil pumps is essential for proper oiling system function. The FEULING oil pump and camplate combination eliminate common pressure and scavenge issues associated with the factory oiling systems.
Due to the mass call volume & inquires with requests for the M-Eight oil pump back cover O-ring/seal groove, weve added the groove! (5/11/21). Although Feulings in house testing on healthy engines did not show a benefit. The O-ring may have potential benefits in certain circumstances such as engines with higher cylinder leak down, poor subseal O-ring seal, raised sump hole & or sump plug (see M8 PRO TIP below) & looser lifter to lifter bore clearances.
OIL LEVEL NOTE - DO NOT OVERFILL OIL TANK
It is important to get the correct hot oil level in your bike. Feuling recommends running the oil level 90%-99% full when hot.
Note: The M-Eight oil pick up port is on the right side of the engine. Letting the bike idle or warm up on the kickstand will naturally fill the engine case and skew the oil level in the tank.
We recommend the following steps to achieve proper oil level:
1. Check cold oil level.
2. Ride the bike until operating temperature is reached.
3. Shut the bike off while still in the upright position. (This insures an accurate reading)
4. Once the bike is on the kickstand check oil level.
5. Add or remove oil as needed.
Gear or Chain drive, Milwaukee Eight 17+ Oil Cooled engines
- A = FEULING OIL HOLE MATCHED TO CASE HOLE, OEM has the hole too large creating a step AT ENGINE CASE
- B = FEULING HAS OIL FEED HOLES FOR CAM THRUSTING SURFACES AND OIL GROOVE IN CAM BORE FOR COLD START UP, OEM ZILTCH
- C = Feuling has 42% More scavenging with MATCHED OIL PASSAGE volume to engine case
- D = FEULING CAMPLATES MACHINED FROM BILLET 7075 ALUMINUM WHICH IS 50% HARDER AND STRONGER THAN THE OEM CAST
- E = Feuling sends 68% more oil to the crank and connecting rod
- F = Feuling has larger kidneys promoting more oil flow and volume
- G = FEULING HAS LARGE CHAMFERS ON PASSAGES ENTERING INTO CAMPLATE FOR A SMOOTH TRANSITION, OEM HAS SHARP EDGES
- A = Feuling pumps HAVE larger deeper kidney ports, ON BOTH PRESSURE AND SCAVENGE WITH LARGER DIAMETER HIGHFLOW GEARS
- B = FEULING PUMPS ARE MACHINED FROM BILLET ALUMINUM, hp+ FROM 6061 & RACE SERIES FROM 7075, OEM PUMP IS A CASTING. NOTE 7075 ALUMINUM IS 50% Harder & STRONGER THAN 6061 & OEM CAST MATERIAL, 7075 ALSO HOLDS TIGHTER TOLERANCE UNDER TEMPERATURES
- C = Feuling Increased scavenge port passage by 42%, MATCHING VOLUME/BORES TO ENGINE CASE, OEM SEVERLY RESTRICTED
- D = FEULING PUMPS SCAVENGE PORT PICK UP BORE AND INTERNAL PASSAGES ARE MATCHED TO ENGINE CASE, OEM HAS STEPS
- E = Feuling pumps have magnets to help protect gears and relief valve FROM DEBRIS
- F = FEULING PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE IS SEATED AND SEALED WITH FULL POP OFF AT 60PSI AND SET TO RE SEAT/SEAL AT MIN OF 30PSI The oem pump is assembled without testing and the latest oem design is unable to be tested