DYNA BREMBO CALIPER BRACKET
RAMJET Rear Dyna Brembo Caliper Bracket
With the success of our other Brembo caliper adapter brackets, we decided to manufacture a similar product allowing the use of a 2008 and newer rear, Harley Touring Brembo caliper on your Dyna!
2008' and newer Dyna
08' and later Dyna models, Harley unfortunately downgraded in the factory equipped brake caliper. It's a floating caliper with only 2 pistons. The caliper floats on a shouldered pin and a thin plastic bushing which is known for premature failure. When the bushing fails, the caliper body becomes the wear item and shortly after you now are left with needing to replace the entire caliper. The pads having to also float in the bracket causes excessive wear in the bracket. ALL of these components are known to fail to often and we wanted a simple solution that won't break the bank, keep an OE look and dramatically improve the breaking performance.
Ditch your OEM brake setup and upgrade to Harley Brembo 4 piston rear caliper with increased braking performance, better product availability, and less wear by eliminating a floating caliper.
Designed to be used with standard diameter rotors and factory wheel spacing for an easy install.
- Caliper Bracket
- Chrome Caliper bolts and alignment shims
- Rubber Bumper for isolation (OEM #42863-06)
- Available in BLACK or RAW finish
YOU WILL NEED TO GET A NEW BRAKE LINE KIT, THE FACTORY LINE IS NOT LONG ENOUGH. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A BRAKE LINE KIT
- SOME FLOATING ROTORS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CONTACT THE CALIPER BODY. SLIGHTLIY CLEARANCING THE CALIPER BODY HAS WORKED FOR SOME APPLICATIONS. BE SURE TO MOCK UP ALL COMPONETS PRIOR TO VERIFY IF CLEARANCING WILL SOLVE YOUR ISSUE.
- BE SURE TO VERIFY BRAKE FLUID REQUIREMENTS IF USING USED CALIPERS. THESE RUN DOT 4 FLUID WHICH IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE DOT 5 USED IN EARLY APPLICATIONS. NOT A PROBLEM, WE HAVE SOME SIMPLE SOLUTIONS JUST REACH OUT TO USE FOR SOME HELP. INFO@RAMJETRACING.COM
- VERIFYING ALIGNMENT IS A RESPONSIBILITY OF THE END INSTALLER
Photos of known clearance issues and solution below
Additional parts available here!